May 01, 2011

a dream

But girl don't let your dreams be dreams 
You know this living's not so hard as it seems
Don't let your dreams be dreams
Jack Johnson

I've been thinking a lot about dreams lately.

Some dreams reach fulfillment. 
Some dreams linger endlessly.
Some dreams scream for attention. 
Some dreams fade away.

I don't claim to know it all and I don't claim that my dreams are better than yours.

But one thing I do claim fearlessly is that when the Lord puts a dream inside you, and you patiently care for it as if it were the most precious jewel, something beautiful happens. 

I never liked the saying, "I'm living the dream," but today I claim this because I know that God's hand is at work. I need only to let his dreams become my own. He is faithful and mighty to fulfill, just let him do his work.


No comments:

Post a Comment